Renowned for its idyllic, forested surroundings in the heart of the acclaimed Woodlands community just north of Houston as well as for its award-winning service, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center is ideally suited for corporate events and affluent leisure travelers. Today, the luxury resort features 440 guest rooms and approximately 60,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including the 13,500 square-foot Grand Ballroom and 33 dedicated meeting rooms, most with natural light and exceptional views of the lake or forest. Guests also enjoy spa and fitness facilities, the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ and access to 21 indoor and outdoor tennis courts, two championship golf courses and 194 miles of nature trails for hiking and biking throughout The Woodlands.
Over the past few years, the resort has been named among the best by Meetings & Conventions, ConventionSouth, Smart Meetings, Meetings Focus, MeetingsNews and Corporate Meetings & Incentive Magazine. The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has also been recognized by Travel & Leisure, Golf Digest and numerous local and regional publications.
Highly successful by today’s standards, the redevelopment of The Woodlands Resort will enable it to meet burgeoning demand for world-class hospitality driven by the strength of the Houston economy - The Brookings Institute recently ranked Houston as North America's fastest-growing economy. Major catalysts in the north Houston area adjacent to The Woodlands include the nearby ExxonMobil campus opening with approximately 10,000 jobs in 2014 and the extension of the Grand Parkway in 2015.The Howard Hughes Corporation will immediately begin a major redevelopment of the luxury resort slated for completion in summer 2014. The redevelopment will encompass -
- The renovation of 222 existing guest rooms and suites in the Fairway Pines I and II
- The replacement of 206 lodge rooms with Fairway Pines III - a new wing with 184 guest rooms and suites
- A new, expanded arrival area with porte‐cochere and lobby featuring native Texas stone, and massive, three-story windows
- A new 3,036 square-foot “Living Room” connecting the three guest rooms wings, ideal for informal gatherings
- A new Lazy River winding 1,000 feet through the surrounding forest highlighting the Forest Oasis Waterscape™
- A fully revitalized 60,000 square feet of meeting and event facilities, including the ballroom, boardrooms, breakout space, lobby and pre-function areas
- An updated 13,000 square-foot spa and facility
- A new 120‐seat steak house restaurant and lounge adjacent to the 18 th hole with a private wine vault and outdoor patio