Furniture Brands International Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Financial Results
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Furniture Brands International (NYSE:FBN) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 29, 2012.
- Net sales of $264.0 million, an increase of 3.3% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011
- Gross margin of 20.7% as compared to 23.0% in the fourth quarter of 2011
- SG&A of $70.9 million as compared to $71.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2011
Mr. Ralph Scozzafava, Chairman and CEO stated, "Fourth quarter sales increased 3%, however much work remains to be done in order to make progress driving profitable sales growth. In 2012 we ramped up production in our Mexico and Indonesia facilities and started our Broyhill casegoods mixing program, all of which will enable us to reduce our costs and participate more in the high-volume, lower-price point segments of the market. We also increased our mix of transitional and updated product to broaden our style appeal, and we improved service to our dealers with our Broyhill casegoods mixing program and Lane and Broyhill quickship programs."
Mr. Scozzafava added, "Looking forward, our focus in 2013 continues to be on generating free cash flow, and to that end we will intensify our efforts to drive profitable sales growth through product, pricing and dealer service initiatives. We will also remain focused on manufacturing efficiencies as well as on reducing costs and improving working capital."For the fourth quarter ended December 29, 2012: Net sales were $264.0 million compared to $255.5 million for the three months ended December 31, 2011, an increase of $8.5 million, or 3.3%. Fourth quarter 2012 retail sales at the 48 Thomasville company-owned stores totaled $27.5 million compared with sales of $26.0 million at 48 Thomasville company-owned stores in the prior year period. Fourth quarter same-store sales at the 45 Thomasville stores that the company has owned for more than 15 months were up 4.8% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011 when same-store sales decreased by 4.0%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV