ATLANTA, Feb. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE:BXC), a leading distributor of building products in North America, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 29, 2012.
The Company reported revenues for the fourth quarter of $440.3 million, up 12.6% from $391.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Fourth-quarter 2012 net loss of $11.4 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $10.3 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, a year ago. Gross profit for the fourth quarter totaled $52.1 million, up 8.7% from $48.0 million in the year-ago period. Gross margins of 11.8% compared to 12.3% a year ago. Fourth-quarter operating expenses of $56.7 million were up compared to $50.5 million for the same period a year ago, and included $0.2 million, or $0.00 per diluted share, and $3.9 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, in net gains from significant special items in 2012 and 2011, respectively. Reported operating loss for the quarter was $4.5 million, compared to $2.6 million a year ago.
For the full year ended December 29, 2012, revenues totaled $1.908 billion, up 8.7% from $1.755 billion the same period a year ago. Net loss for the year ended December 29, 2012 totaled $23.0 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, compared with $38.6 million, or $0.89 per diluted share, a year ago. Gross profit for the year ended December 29, 2012 totaled $230.1 million and gross margin was 12.1%, compared with $210.1 million and 12.0% a year earlier. Total operating expenses of $224.6 million were up compared to $218.4 a year ago, and included $10.4 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, and $12.6 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, in net gains from significant special items in 2012 and 2011, respectively. Reported operating income for the year ended December 29, 2012 was $5.5 million, compared to an operating loss of $8.3 million a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV