(1) Includes depreciation and amortization included in fuel and purchased energy expense and interest expense on our Consolidated Statements of Operations.
REGULATION G RECONCILIATIONS
Net Income (Loss), As Adjusted, Commodity Margin, Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted Free Cash Flow are non-GAAP financial measures that we use as measures of our performance. These measures should be viewed as a supplement to and not a substitute for our U.S. GAAP measures of performance.
Net Income (Loss), As Adjusted, represents net income (loss) attributable to Calpine, adjusted for certain non-cash and non-recurring items as previously detailed in Table 1, including debt extinguishment costs, unrealized mark-to-market (gain) loss on derivatives, and other adjustments. Net Income (Loss), As Adjusted, is presented because we believe it is a useful tool for assessing the operating performance of our company in the current period. Net Income (Loss), As Adjusted, is not intended to represent net income (loss), the most comparable U.S. GAAP measure, as an indicator of operating performance and is not necessarily comparable to similarly titled measures reported by other companies.Commodity Margin includes our power and steam revenues, sales of purchased power and physical natural gas, capacity revenue, revenue from renewable energy credits, sales of surplus emission allowances, transmission revenue and expenses, fuel and purchased energy expense, fuel transportation expense, RGGI compliance and other environmental costs, and cash settlements from our marketing, hedging and optimization activities including natural gas transactions hedging future power sales that are included in mark-to-market activity, but excludes the unrealized portion of our mark-to-market activity and other revenues. Commodity Margin is presented because we believe it is a useful tool for assessing the performance of our core operations, and it is a key operational measure reviewed by our chief operating decision maker. Commodity Margin does not intend to represent income (loss) from operations, the most comparable U.S. GAAP measure, as an indicator of operating performance and is not necessarily comparable to similarly titled measures reported by other companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV