Leading U.S. Toymaker JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ: JAKK) Signed A Licensing Agreement With Univision To Bring "El Chavo" Branded Toys To Retail In Fall 2013. JAKKS Debuted The El Chavo Toy Line At The International Toy Fair In New York City. (Photo: Business Wire)
Leading U.S. toymaker JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK), announced today it has been appointed as the North American Master Toy Licensee by Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, to manufacture, distribute and market a line of toys inspired by “El Chavo,” the highly popular comedy series that airs in the U.S. and Spanish-speaking countries worldwide.
The “El Chavo” product line from JAKKS Pacific will include action figures, plush, dolls, role play products, dress up, seasonal toys, table top games and novelty items that celebrate the world of “El Chavo” including a variety of characters seen in “El Chavo Animado,” the animated series airing on the Univision Network, Sundays at 4 p.m. ET/PT. JAKKS is expected to launch the “El Chavo” product line in Fall 2013.
“We are continually looking to expand our product offerings with best-in-class partners, and we realized an opportunity to introduce a Spanish-language property that has an enormous fan base,” said Stephen Berman, President and CEO, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. “With millions of viewers around the world every day, and loved by generations of Latinos, ‘El Chavo’ is the perfect property to develop toys and other products around. Our product line will bring to life the charm of the characters and their community, allowing old and new fans the opportunity to immerse themselves in the captivating and loveable world of ‘El Chavo.’”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV