Skilled Healthcare Group Inc. Stock Downgraded (SKH)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $6.73 million to $5.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $11.74 million or 64.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.59% is above that of the industry average.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, SKH has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.89% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SKILLED HEALTHCARE GROUP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.57 versus -$5.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.81 versus $0.57).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts