“These survey findings confirm suspicions that most of us are rendered completely helpless when separated from our mobile devices, perhaps even more than when we are pulled apart from our best friends,” said Mick Hollison, vice president of Integrated Marketing and Strategy, Citrix. “As our attachments to smartphones and tablets continue to grow deeper and more intimate, companies must respond with new ways to empower people to use their favorite devices across their personal and professional lives. This will enable all of us to reach new levels of productivity and prosperity.”
Additional survey highlights
The Wakefield survey also uncovered data that contrasts what mobile device owners think they know about their devices and data plans with the reality of their mobile Web behaviors. For more details, visit the Citrix ByteMobile Q1 2013 Mobile Analytics Report at http://www.bytemobile.com/news-events/mobile_analytics_report.html.
- Despite the fact that mobile ads consume one percent of a smartphone subscriber’s monthly data volume, a majority (61 percent) of smartphone or tablet owners incorrectly believe that mobile ads don’t count against their monthly data limit.
- Seventy percent of smartphone and tablet owners actively choose to stream content on a mobile device rather than a computer.
- More than half (51 percent) of mobile device owners blame their provider for slow-loading Web pages, while 49 percent blame the website.
- While a majority of mobile video is low-resolution (92 percent is less than 360p), 64 percent of survey respondents think most of the mobile videos they watch are primarily high-resolution.
- Seventy-four percent of mobile video viewers seek out most of the video they watch, rather than wait for it to come to them via friends or advertisers.
Methodological Notes:The survey was conducted by Wakefield Research ( www.wakefieldresearch.com) on behalf of Citrix. It was distributed among 1,000 U.S. adult smartphone or tablet owners ages 18 and older, between January 8 and January 15, 2013, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult smartphone or tablet owner population 18 and older. Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV