Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI) today introduced a clock buffer and divider IC (integrated circuit) that combines high-speed, extremely low jitter (41 fs across the 12-kHz to 20-MHz band) and selectable division capability. The 1.65-GHz AD9508 clock buffer is designed for communications, instrumentation, defense and aerospace equipment that require ultra-high-speed data conversion with optimum SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance. The device has four dedicated output dividers with bus-programmable division (integers up to 1024) and phase delay, and automatic synchronization. The dividers also have pin-strapping capability for hardwired programming at system power-up. The AD9508 supports up to four differential, or eight single-ended outputs and three logic levels: LVDS (1.65 GHz), HSTL (1.65 GHz), and CMOS (250 MHz).
- View product page, download data sheet and order samples: http://www.analog.com/en/clock-and-timing/clock-generation-and-distribution/ad9508/products/product.html
- Learn more about ADI’s clock generation and distribution technology: http://www.analog.com/en/clock-and-timing/clock-generation-and-distribution/products/index.html
- View discussions on clocking and timing on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/clock_and_timing
AD9508 1.65 GHz Clock Buffer and Divider Key Features
- RMS jitter in HSTL output mode:
- 41 fs @ 622.08 MHz (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- 72 fs @ 622.08 MHZ (20 kHz to 80 MHz)
- Dividers are pin-strappable for division factors of 1,2,4,8, or 16
- Outputs: 4 LVDS or HSTL; 8 single-ended CMOS
- Output-to-output skew: <48 ps (LVDS)
- Supply voltage: 2.5 V/3.3 V
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Price each in 1,000 quantity
-40˚C to 85˚C
The AD9508 Clock buffer/divider complements ADI’s clock generator and high-speed data converter portfolio.About Analog Devices Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index. http://www.analog.com EngineerZone is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc. Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV