"I am pleased we delivered record annual adjusted cash earnings per share," stated Michael J. Brown, Euronet's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "This earnings growth was the result of our continued focus on new products and markets together with effective execution across most of our business."
"Our EFT and Money Transfer Segments finished the year with strong 55% and 67% fourth quarter constant currency operating income growth, respectively," continued Mr. Brown. "And, while we still face challenges in some of our epay markets, we are starting to see benefits from the non-mobile content and value added services we introduced during the year. We look forward to the second quarter 2013 when we expect epay to stabilize."
In the fourth quarter 2012, the Company completed its annual goodwill impairment testing and recorded a non-cash goodwill and acquired intangible asset impairment charge of $28.7 million related to the Company's epay Brazil business. While the Company continues to introduce additional electronic payment products into the Brazilian market, the financial contribution of these products has not replaced the loss of earnings resulting from the continued impact of changes in distribution strategies of certain mobile operators in Brazil.
Segment and Other ResultsThe EFT Processing Segment reports the following results for the full year 2012 compared with the same period of 2011:
- Revenues of $237.9 million, a 19% increase from $199.3 million (32% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Operating income of $44.4 million, a 34% increase from $33.2 million (46% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted operating income of $44.4 million, a 35% increase from $32.9 million (47% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $69.7 million, a 29% increase from $54.0 million (41% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Transactions of 1,156 million, a 23% increase from 943 million.
- Operated 17,600 ATMs as of December 31, 2012, a 24% increase from 14,224 ATMs as of December 31, 2011.
- Revenues of $64.8 million, a 19% increase from $54.3 million (22% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Operating income of $13.6 million, a 53% increase from $8.9 million (55% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $20.2 million, a 38% increase from $14.6 million (40% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Transactions of 297 million, a 16% increase from 257 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV