NALEO Responds To President's State Of The Union Address
"We praise the President for also announcing the establishment of a new non-partisan Presidential voting commission to examine the nation's flawed election system and telling the story of 102 year-old Florida voter Desiline Victor. The right to vote is one of the most precious rights afforded to us by the U.S. Constitution. Ms. Victor, a guest of the First Lady this evening, had to stand in line for multiple hours before she was finally able to exercise her right to vote in Miami this November. Her experience was mirrored by hundreds of thousands of Americans nationwide in 2012, demonstrating the need for Congress to act on election reform that will make it easier for eligible citizens to participate in our nation's democracy.
"Our constituency of more than 6,000 Latino elected and appointed officials nationwide stands ready to work side-by-side with the President, Administration and Congress on policies and legislation that aim to fix the nation's broken immigration system, 'reignite the engine' of our economy and improve our flawed election system. Working together across party aisles for a 'stronger America', we are confident that we can make the strides necessary to ensure that our political system and the American dream remain accessible for Latinos and all Americans in the years to come."
To view the NALEO Educational Fund's letter to the President outlining its policy priorities for the next four years, visit our website at www.naleo.org/downloads/pra/Transition_Letter_to_Administration.pdf .
About NALEO The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials is the leadership organization of the nation's more than 6,000 Latino elected and appointed officials.Contact: Amanda Bosquez, firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 546-2536 ext. 12, (361) 548-6989 (cell)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV