NSBA Reaction To State Of The Union Address
"There is no doubt that small business is key to a sustainable economic recovery," said NSBA Chair David Ickert of Air Tractor, Inc. in Olney, Texas. "We applaud the President's focus on key issues of importance to small business and urge him and all of Congress to pursue policies that truly encourage free enterprise."
Among the other issues NSBA was pleased to hear was support for expanding U.S. exporting, specifically an effort to begin talks on a trade partnership with the European Union. Unfortunately, Obama also proposed an increase to the federal minimum wage up to $9.00/hour—something that could be very problematic for segments of a struggling small-business community.
Celebrating more than 75 years in operation, NSBA is a staunchly nonpartisan organization advocating on behalf of America's entrepreneurs. NSBA's 65,000 members represent every state and every industry in the U.S., and we are proud to be the nation's first small-business advocacy organization. Please visit www.nsba.biz or @NSBAAdvocate.
SOURCE National Small Business Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV