5 Ways You'll Regret Spending on Valentine's Day
2. The movies
Like an engagement ring, a movie ticket costs the same on Valentine's Day as it does the rest of the year.
Like the engagement ring, though, it's the circumstances surrounding that movie ticket that make hitting the theater on Valentine's Day a fool's errand. As Comcast (CMSCA)-owned movie ticket site Fandango found out two years ago, more than 60% of Valentine's Day moviegoers buy their tickets weeks in advance.Also, the Academy Awards nominees have already been announced and will likely still be in theaters on Valentine's Day -- just 10 days away from the awards ceremony. This means showings of Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook and Lincoln that have been half-empty for weeks will be packed with the texting, chattering, shifting, question-asking hordes who seemingly have never been to a movie until just this moment, when they decided to sit right next to or behind you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV