Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those described in LIN’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and its most recent quarterly reports filed with the SEC, and the following:
- the ability to consummate the merger;
- the satisfaction of other conditions to consummation of the merger;
- the potential adverse effect on our liquidity if the merger is not consummated;
- the ability to realize anticipated benefits of the merger;
- the potential impact of the announcement of the merger or consummation of the merger, including a potential impact to the value of LIN’s common stock and results of operations;
- business, regulatory, legal or tax decisions;
- changes in tax laws and policies;
- economic conditions, including adverse changes in the national and local economies in which our stations operate and volatility and disruption of the capital and credit markets;
- increased competition, including from newer forms of entertainment and entertainment media, changes in distribution methods or changes in the popularity or availability of programming;
- adverse state or federal legislation or regulation or adverse determinations by regulators, including adverse changes in, or interpretations of, the exceptions to the Federal Communications Commission duopoly rule and the allocation of broadcast spectrum;
- declines in the domestic advertising market;
- further consolidation of national and local advertisers;
- global or local events that could disrupt television broadcasting; and
- changes in television viewing patterns, ratings and commercial viewing measurement.
Many of these factors are beyond our control. Forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date hereof. LIN disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements unless required by law, and it undertakes no obligation to publicly release the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements, to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.