Vitol Announces Cash Offer For Sterling Resources Ltd.
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, Feb. 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Vitol Anker International B.V. (" Vitol Anker "), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Vitol Group (" Vitol"), announced that it intends to make an offer (the " Offer") to acquire all of the outstanding common shares (the " Shares") of Sterling Resources Ltd. (" Sterling" or the " Company") (TSXV: SLG), not beneficially owned by Vitol Anker and its affiliates, for cash consideration of $0.85 per share in a transaction which values the fully diluted share capital of Sterling at approximately $192 million.
Background to the Offer
Vitol and its affiliates provided a US$12 million loan to Sterling in early January to enable the Company to meet its short-term liquidity obligations. Since that time, Vitol has held discussions with Sterling's management and, based on the Company's inability to find an acceptable long-term financing solution, Vitol Anker has decided to pursue an offer for the Company. To that end, Vitol has held discussions with Sterling's board of directors (the " Sterling Board") with a view to secure a board-supported transaction but these discussions have, to date, not led to an agreement. Given continuing rumours and uncertainty around the Company and its financial situation, Vitol Anker has made the decision to disclose its intentions.
Compelling Offer to Sterling ShareholdersThe price to be paid in the Offer represents an attractive premium of:
- 79% to Sterling's closing price on February 12, 2013, the last business day prior to this announcement; and
- 48% to Sterling's 20-day volume-weighted average price as at February 12, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV