Its forward (one-year) PE ratio is less than 14, which suggests the stock price has room to run. That said, the price per share has come a long way (up over 23%) since its Nov. 16, 2012, intraday low of $26.34. Remember that CFN doesn't pay a dividend yet, but that could change as its levered free cash flow rises above the current level of almost $611 million.
Investors may be prudent to consider accumulating shares on the inevitable pullbacks and market down days. Along with its former parent Cardinal Health, CareFusion is a company that knows how to meet the medical and health care market's needs and to "ring the register" while doing so.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Make smarter trading decisions and provide investment ideas that could help make you richer. Bryan Ashenberg does the dirty work so you don't have to!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV