API Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ:ATNY) (“API”, “API Technologies”, or the “Company”), a trusted provider of RF/microwave, microelectronics, and security solutions for critical and high-reliability applications, today announced results for the fiscal fourth quarter and twelve months ended November 30, 2012.
- Record bookings of $76.6 million resulting in a book-to-bill ratio of 1.2 to 1 in the fiscal fourth quarter.
- Revenue of $280.8 million for the twelve months ended November 30, 2012, up from $197.6 for the twelve months ended November 30, 2011.
- Revenue of $62.7 million for the fiscal fourth quarter compared to $75.1 million in the prior year’s comparable quarter.
- On February 6, 2013, announced the repayment of a term loan facility and entry into new credit agreements.
“Fiscal 2012 was a transformational year for API Technologies, as we successfully integrated three strategic acquisitions and emerged as a leading provider of high-reliability electronics solutions,” said Bel Lazar, President and Chief Executive Officer of API Technologies. “In spite of ongoing defense industry headwinds and a challenging macroeconomic environment, we won record orders and achieved a positive book-to-bill ratio of 1.2 to 1 in the fourth quarter, positioning us for future growth.”
Results for the Quarter Ended November 30, 2012
API Technologies reported revenue of $62.7 million for the quarter ended November 30, 2012, compared to $68.4 million in the quarter ended August 31, 2012 and $75.1 million in the quarter ended November 30, 2011.Gross profit, as a percent of sales, was 20.2% for the quarter ended November 30, 2012, versus 22.3% for the quarter ended August 31, 2012 and 23.7% for quarter ended November 30, 2011. Excluding restructuring costs, gross margin was 21.4% in the quarter ended November 30, 2012 compared to 24.9% in the quarter ended August 31, 2012. Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter ended November 30, 2012 was $8.3 million (13.2% margin) versus $9.3 million (13.7% margin) for the quarter ended August 31, 2012, and $11.4 million (15.2% margin) for the quarter ended November 30, 2011.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts