Updated with stock price.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. ( TheStreet) -- Final overall survival results from the phase III study of Aveo Pharmaceuticals' (AVEO) kidney cancer drug tivozanib were released Tuesday night, and as expected, tivozanib-treated patients were at a greater risk of death than those treated with Onyx Pharmaceuticals' (ONXX) Nexavar.
At the median, the difference in survival was just two weeks. Tivozanib-treated patients reported a median overall survival of 28.8 months compared to 29.3 months for Nexavar patients.
However, when overall survival in the study was analyzed over two years, the relative risk of death was 25% higher in the tivozanib arm relative to the Nexavar arm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV