SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RPX Corporation (Nasdaq:RPXC), a leading provider of patent risk management solutions, today announced the selection of Ned Segal as Chief Financial Officer, effective no later than June 1, 2013. Mr. Segal joins RPX after almost 17 years with Goldman Sachs & Co., most recently as a Managing Director, Head of Global Software Investment Banking and COO of Technology Banking. Adam Spiegel, RPX's current CFO, is leaving the company to seek a new opportunity with an earlier stage company. RPX is working to ensure a seamless transition.
"I want to thank Adam for all of his efforts on behalf of RPX over the past four years," said John Amster, CEO. "Adam truly enjoys building early stage companies, and he has done a tremendous job creating RPX's financial infrastructure and helping us progress from a start-up to a successful, publicly-traded company. As RPX has grown, Adam has been looking for the best time to pursue his next opportunity. After a very strong quarter capping a solid year of top and bottom line growth, the timing seemed right for both him and RPX. We wish Adam the best in all of his future endeavors."
Mr. Amster continued, "Ned Segal has a long history with RPX, including leading our initial public offering. He brings a clear understanding of our business, our operating model and our market. We look forward to benefiting from his creativity and experience as RPX enters the next phase of its growth."Segal added, "I've worked closely with RPX since before the Company's IPO, and I have a deep appreciation for its unique approach to reducing patent risk and transaction costs for its customers. I'm looking forward to joining the RPX team to help capitalize on the large opportunity before us."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV