Commodity Prices Rise In January On Bullish Data, Rising Optimism
CMCITR is the underlying index for the Van Eck CM Commodity Index Fund (tickers: CMCAX, COMIX, CMCYX), an open-end, index-based mutual fund launched at the end of 2010.
Contango refers to an upward-sloping futures curve. When a curve is in contango, the futures price is greater than the spot price. As a result, the price of a futures contract is greater than the price of an expiring contract. When this occurs, investors will incur an added cost each time a contract expires and it is rolled over and replaced it with another contract.
Fund PerformanceThe performance shown for the indices does not reflect fees and charges, which are assessed with the purchase and ownership of the Fund. Indices are not securities in which investments can be made.
|Average Annual Total Returns (%) as of January 31, 2013|
|1 Mo 1||3 Mo 1||YTD 1||1 Yr||3 Yr||5 Yr||10 Yr||Life|
|Class A: NAV (Inception 12/31/10)||2.66||3.04||2.66||0.12||--||--||--||-2.19|
|Class A: Maximum 5.75% load||-3.20||-2.86||-3.20||-5.67||--||--||--||-4.92|
|UBS Bloomberg CMCI||2.62||3.15||2.62||1.43||7.70||-0.30||--||--|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV