Sapient (NASDAQ: SAPE) today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012.
For the fourth quarter of 2012:
- Service revenues were $293.2 million compared to $262.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011, an increase of $30.8 million, or 11.7%. Sequentially, service revenues were up $4.7 million, or 1.6%, from $288.5 million in the third quarter of 2012. On a constant currency basis, revenues increased 11.5% over the fourth quarter of 2011 and increased 1.3% sequentially.
- GAAP income from operations was $30.9 million, or 10.5% of service revenues, compared to $33.8 million, or 12.9% of service revenues, reported in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Non-GAAP income from operations was $42.4 million, or 14.5% of service revenues, compared to $41.6 million, or 15.9% of service revenues, reported in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.14, compared to $0.19 in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Non-GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.20, compared to $0.23 in the fourth quarter of 2011.
For the year ended December 31, 2012:
- Service revenues were $1.12 billion compared to $1.02 billion for 2011, an increase of 9.8%.
- GAAP income from operations was $104.1 million, compared to $104.1 million in 2011.
- Non-GAAP income from operations was $143.7 million, an increase of $8.7 million or 6.4%, from $135.0 million in 2011.
- GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.46, compared to $0.51 in 2011.
- Non-GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.65, compared to $0.66 in 2011.
“The company posted solid growth in 2012 despite the challenging economic environment, expanding our client relationships globally through continued delivery of highly differentiated capabilities,” said Sapient Chief Executive Officer and Co-Chairman Alan J. Herrick. “In addition to our growth, the company’s strategic position was further strengthened through a combination of investments and acquisitions. While the economic environment remains unsettled, we believe the company is positioned to have an even stronger year in 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV