SAN DIEGO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioMed Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: BMR) (the "Company"), a real estate investment trust (REIT) that delivers optimal real estate solutions for the life science industry, today announced that it delivered a notice of the Company's intention to redeem all 7,920,000 outstanding shares of its 7.375% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (the "Series A preferred stock") (NYSE: BMRPrA; CUSIP No.: 09063H206) from the registered holders of the Series A preferred stock. Pursuant to the provisions of the Articles Supplementary classifying the Series A preferred stock, upon delivery of the notice, the Company will have taken all necessary action to redeem all outstanding shares of Series A preferred stock on March 15, 2013. The Series A preferred stock will be redeemed at a redemption price of $25.30217 per share (the sum of the $25.00 per share redemption price and a quarterly dividend of $0.460940 prorated through the redemption date). On the redemption date, the Series A preferred stock will cease to accrue dividends.
Stockholders who hold Series A preferred stock through the Depository Trust Company will be redeemed in accordance with the Depository Trust Company's procedures. On or before the redemption date, the funds necessary for the redemption of the Series A preferred stock will have been set aside by the Company in trust for the benefit of the holders thereof. Subject to applicable escheat laws, any moneys set aside by the Company and unclaimed at the end of two years from the redemption date will revert to the general funds of the Company, after which reversion the holders of Series A preferred stock called for redemption may look only to the general funds of the Company for payment of the redemption price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV