- Record net earnings of $108.1 million, or $1.06 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter
- Annualized return on equity of 12.3% and annualized operating return on equity (a) of 11.7% for the fourth quarter
- Record earnings per diluted share of $3.83 for the full year
- GAAP combined ratio of 84.5% for the fourth quarter and 83.6% for the full year
- Net earned premium increased 3% to $566.5 million for the fourth quarter and 5% to $2.2 billion for the full year
- Book value per share increased 11.6% for the full year to $35.10
HOUSTON, Feb. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:HCC) today released results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2012.
Net earnings were $108.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $78.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Net earnings per diluted share were $1.06 for the fourth quarter of 2012, versus $0.74 for the same quarter of 2011. Net earnings were $391.2 million for 2012, or $3.83 per diluted share, compared to $255.2 million, or $2.30 per diluted share, for 2011.The 2012 results include accident year pretax net catastrophe losses of $32.5 million and $52.8 million for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively. The 2011 results include accident year pretax net catastrophe losses of $10.0 million and $117.9 million for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively. The Company's combined ratio was 84.5% for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 87.0% for the fourth quarter of 2011. The combined ratio was 83.6% for the full year of 2012, versus 91.1% for the same period of 2011. HCC's paid loss ratio was 56.7% for 2012, compared to 58.9% for 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV