Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) (NYSE: GWR) today reported traffic volumes for January 2013.
Beginning in January 2013, G&W is reporting consolidated traffic volumes including carloads from RailAmerica Inc. (RA) railroads that were previously reported separately. To provide comparative context for 2013 consolidated traffic volumes, G&W is providing supplemental 2012 carload information on a pro forma basis as though the RA railroads were owned by G&W on January 1, 2012. In addition, G&W has amended RA’s 2012 carload information to conform with G&W’s reporting methodology.
G&W’s traffic in January 2013 was 156,027 carloads, an increase of 83,140 carloads, or 114.1%, compared to G&W’s traffic in January 2012, and an increase of 13,442 carloads, or 9.4%, compared to total January 2012 carloads pro forma for the RA acquisition.
The tables below set forth consolidated summary carload information for January 2013 and January 2012.
January 2013 (1)
|Consolidated G&W||G&W||RA||Pro Forma (2)||G&W||Pro Forma (2)|
|Coal & Coke||27,367||13,136||12,342||25,478||108.3%||7.4%|
|Minerals & Stone||16,503||10,102||5,874||15,976||63.4%||3.3%|
|Pulp & Paper||15,030||8,367||4,877||13,244||79.6%||13.5%|
|Chemicals & Plastics||14,431||5,908||7,292||13,200||144.3%||9.3%|
|Lumber & Forest Products||11,269||5,283||3,971||9,254||113.3%||21.8%|
|Food or Kindred Products||4,473||771||4,068||4,839||480.2%||-7.6%|
|Autos & Auto Parts||2,465||701||1,573||2,274||251.6%||8.4%|
|Carloads from New Railroads (3)||3,310|
|(1)||Total carloads from G&W and RA|
|(2)||Pro forma as though G&W had acquired RailAmerica on January 1, 2012|
|(3)||Total carloads from rail operations commenced or acquired by G&W and RA in the last 12 months, including Wellsboro & Corning Railroad, LLC; Marquette Rail LLC and Columbus & Chattahoochee Railroad, Inc.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV