- Adjusted diluted earnings per common share (EPS) of $0.79 (adjusted primarily for RailAmerica acquisition and financing-related expenses); Reported diluted earnings per common share of $0.18 (1)
- Revenues increased 8.0% versus fourth quarter of 2011, led by higher Australian iron ore shipments.
- Consolidated adjusted operating ratio of 74.6% (adjusted primarily for RailAmerica acquisition and financing-related expenses); Reported operating ratio of 85.2% (2)
- Australian adjusted operating ratio of 70.0% (adjusted primarily for contract termination expense, business/corporate development costs and net gain on insurance recovery); Reported Australian operating ratio of 71.5% (2)
- Adjusted equity earnings from RailAmerica of $19.1 million (adjusted primarily for integration costs); Reported equity earnings from RailAmerica of $15.6 million (3)
- GWI will convert $350 million of Mandatorily Convertible Preferred Stock with a 5% coupon, issued to The Carlyle Group, into approximately 6 million shares of GWI Class A common stock, effective February 13, 2013; the conversion will eliminate annual dividends of $17.5 million and will not increase GWI’s diluted shares outstanding.
Genesee & Wyoming Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.