- Adjusted diluted earnings per common share (EPS) of $0.79 (adjusted primarily for RailAmerica acquisition and financing-related expenses); Reported diluted earnings per common share of $0.18 (1)
- Revenues increased 8.0% versus fourth quarter of 2011, led by higher Australian iron ore shipments.
- Consolidated adjusted operating ratio of 74.6% (adjusted primarily for RailAmerica acquisition and financing-related expenses); Reported operating ratio of 85.2% (2)
- Australian adjusted operating ratio of 70.0% (adjusted primarily for contract termination expense, business/corporate development costs and net gain on insurance recovery); Reported Australian operating ratio of 71.5% (2)
- Adjusted equity earnings from RailAmerica of $19.1 million (adjusted primarily for integration costs); Reported equity earnings from RailAmerica of $15.6 million (3)
- GWI will convert $350 million of Mandatorily Convertible Preferred Stock with a 5% coupon, issued to The Carlyle Group, into approximately 6 million shares of GWI Class A common stock, effective February 13, 2013; the conversion will eliminate annual dividends of $17.5 million and will not increase GWI’s diluted shares outstanding.
Genesee & Wyoming Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.