- Continuing a trend that has persisted for more than four years and demonstrating that investors have not abandoned fixed income, the intermediate-term bond category had the greatest inflows in January with $10.5 billion.
- Taxable-bond funds led all asset classes with inflows of $31.0 billion in January, followed by international-stock funds, which took in $18.4 billion during the month.
- Vanguard topped all fund families in January with overall inflows of $17.6 billion, 87 percent of which flowed to the firm's passive lineup. Vanguard funds swept the top three spots for fund-level inflows, led by Vanguard Total Bond Market's inflows of $4.3 billion. American Funds saw its first monthly inflow since June 2009.
Morningstar Reports U.S. Mutual Fund Asset Flows Through January 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.