'Money Matters' Investor Education Conference Celebrates Financial Education Month, Smarter Investors
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Banking and Securities Glenn E. Moyer today announced that the first "Money Matters" investor education conference for 2013 will take place at the Pittsburgh Marriott North in Cranberry Township on Tuesday, April 30.
The "Money Matters" conference is free to the public and will begin at 6:15 p.m. Registration is required and available online at www.dobs.state.pa.us.
This year's program will be geared toward working adults and senior citizens, focusing on subjects including:
- Investing 101: Learn How to Begin Investing
- Updates for Experienced Investors
- Financial Products for Senior Citizens
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- How to Set Up Your Children for Financial Success
- Saving for Colleges with a PA 529 College Savings Program
- How to Protect Yourself from Financial Scams
"For 10 years, 'Money Matters' conferences have been delivering high-quality investor education to Pennsylvanians of all ages," Moyer said. "I am pleased that the Department of Banking and Securities can continue this tradition by providing our citizens with face-to-face education on how to be wiser and safer investors."Related "Money Matters" presentations will take place in retirement communities and high schools in the Pittsburgh area in late April as part of Financial Education Month. "Money Matters" is being presented free to the public in partnership with AARP and the Investor Protection Trust. For more information and to register, visit www.dobs.state.pa.us or call (toll-free) 1-800-PA-BANKS (800-722-2657). Media contact: Ed Novak, 717-783-4721 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts