- Nationally, the apartment industry and its residents contributed $1.1 trillion to the economy in 2011, or more than $3 billion every day. This combined spending supported 25.4 million total jobs.
- Within the D.C. metro area, the apartment industry spent $881.2 million on new apartment construction, creating a total economic contribution of $1.5 billion supporting 12,000 local jobs.
- The apartment industry spent $2.1 billion operating the metro's 518,000 apartment homes, generating a total economic contribution of $3.7 billion supporting 31,000 local jobs.
- Solely within the District, the combined apartment construction, operations and resident spending created an $8.2 billion economic impact supporting 187,000 jobs in 2011.
- In Maryland, the apartment industry and residents created a $ 29.1 billion economic impact supporting 698,000 jobs in the state.
- Virginia's apartment industry and residents created a $31.6 billion economic impact supporting 755,000 jobs.
Study: Apartment Construction And Operations Contributed $5.3 Billion To Washington, D.C. Metro Economy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.