Workers' Comp. Tops Oklahoma Small-business Agenda
Morgan said there are some employers in the state with unfilled jobs who cannot find skilled workers to fill them.
"It's a growing problem. It's a pressing problem," Morgan said. "What are our workforce needs in the next 20 years, and how are we going to meet those needs?"
Chuck Prucha, president of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance, said having a skilled workforce is critical to today's high-tech advanced manufacturing techniques.
"There are over 4,000 manufacturers in the state of Oklahoma," Prucha said. "The importance of manufacturing in Oklahoma is substantial."Business leaders will also push economic development legislation to make Oklahoma more competitive and proposals to reign in fraud while lowering costs and increasing benefits in the unemployment compensation system, Lamb said. "As elected officials, we have the responsibility to remove any impediments to growth that stand in the way of a prosperous Oklahoma," Lamb said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV