American Express has announced what it's calling "a new social commerce experience that turns Twitter #hashtags into purchases in a unique and seamless way."
The actual process sounds somewhat convoluted. Amex explains it this way:
"American Express Cardmembers who sync their eligible cards and tweet special #hashtags can buy American Express Gift Cards and products from Amazon (AMZN), Sony (SNE), Urban Zen and Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox 360."In addition to products from the above companies, $25 American Express gift cards can also be purchased using a synced American Express Card starting today for $15 by tweeting #BuyAmexGiftCard25 (quantities limited, offer expires March 3, 2013, limit one per cardmember). The remaining catalog of products from the likes of Amazon and Sony goes on sale Feb. 13 at noon EST. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV