KBW, Inc. Stockholders Approve Proposed Merger With Stifel Financial Corp.
KBW, Inc. (“KBW”) (NYSE: KBW) announced today that KBW stockholders voted overwhelmingly in favor of the proposals relating to the proposed merger with Stifel Financial Corp. (“Stifel”). At the duly held special meeting today, 99 percent of the shares present or represented by proxy (which constituted 79 percent of all outstanding shares on the record date) were voted in favor of a proposal to adopt the agreement and plan of merger dated as of November 5, 2012, among KBW, Stifel, and two wholly-owned subsidiaries of Stifel, SFKBW One, Inc. and SFKBW Two, LLC. The non-binding, advisory vote to approve certain compensation arrangements for KBW’s named executive officers in connection with the merger also received favorable support as 74 percent of the shares present in person or represented by proxy at the special meeting voted in favor of the proposal.
The approval of the stockholders of KBW was one of the remaining conditions to the closing of the merger. The merger is still subject to other customary closing conditions. KBW and Stifel currently expect to close the merger on or about February 15, 2013.
KBW, Inc., headquartered in New York, operates in the U.S. and Europe
through its broker dealer subsidiaries, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc.
and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Limited. Celebrating its 50th anniversary,
KBW has established itself as a leading independent authority in the
banking, insurance, brokerage, asset management, mortgage banking, real
estate and specialty finance sectors. Founded in 1962, the firm
maintains industry-leading positions in the areas of research, corporate
finance, mergers and acquisitions as well as sales and trading in
equities and debt securities of financial services companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV