Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN) has named two Vice Presidents to lead its Commercial Development and its Finance and Treasury functions.
- Todd Thornton has been named Vice President of Commercial Development, a new position created to drive Calpine’s greenfield and brownfield development efforts. Mr. Thornton will report to President and Chief Operating Officer Thad Hill. Mr. Thornton joined Calpine in October 2000 as a Financial Analyst and has held increasingly responsible positions within the Finance department, including being named Vice President of Finance in 2007 and Treasurer in 2009. He was instrumental in guiding the Company through transformation of its capital structure. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Northern Illinois University.
- Stacey Peterson has been named to replace Mr. Thornton as Vice President of Finance and Treasurer and will report to Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Zamir Rauf. Ms. Peterson will be responsible for capital markets and financing activities, including debt compliance, and Treasury operations. Ms. Peterson previously served as Vice President of Trading in Commercial Operations. She joined Calpine in 2007 as part of the restructuring team, focused on the ERCOT region. She was named Director of Finance in 2009 and Vice President of Trading in 2011 and has played key roles on a variety of commercial projects and transactions. Prior to Calpine, Ms. Peterson worked for BP, where she was involved in upstream and midstream capital structuring and analysis. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.
“Todd and Stacey exemplify the deep bench of talented leaders at Calpine and our commitment to developing and growing the careers of our employees,” said Mr. Hill. “In Todd’s new role, he will help us realign and strengthen our development efforts to take advantage of fiscally responsible growth opportunities in our key markets.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts