1. As of noon trading, Moody's Corporation ( MCO) is up $1.17 (2.6%) to $46.66 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.8 million shares of Moody's Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.24-$47.15 after having opened the day at $45.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.49. Moody's Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides credit ratings, research, and analysis covering fixed-income securities, other debt instruments, and the entities that issue such instruments in the global capital markets. Moody's Corporation has a market cap of $9.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Moody's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Moody's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Moody's Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts