Since its founding in 2002 to 2012, the employee-driven MGM Resorts Foundation has donated almost $50 million to nonprofit organizations for the betterment of American communities.
- In 2011, the corporate giving program contributed to a combined total of more than 500 nonprofit agencies in Nevada, Michigan and Mississippi.
- MGM Resorts' donation in 2012 of more than 189 tons of canned food to Three Square, the leading Las Vegas food bank, earned the distinction of the largest single company donation in the nonprofit organization's history for the third year in a row.
- In 2012, MGM Resorts employees logged more than 113,000 volunteer hours and helped more than 850 charitable organizations meet community needs.
- At more than 18 million square feet, CityCenter is the largest LEED® Gold certified development in the world.
- MGM Resorts has reduced electricity consumption by 125 million kWh per year, enough to power 10,850 homes each year.
- The company has increased its recycling rate by more than 420% in four years.
- MGM Resorts has reduced water usage by 500 million gallons per year, enough to fill more than 750 Olympic-size swimming pools.
- Fifteen company resorts have achieved the prestigious Green Key rating for environmental conservation from the largest sustainable operations certification body in the world, Green Key Global.