LAS VEGAS, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A leading showcase for the most powerful corporate social responsibility and green initiatives has named MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) a winner for its annual awards program in the category of Overall Leader in CSR Practices – more than 10,000 employees. Competing alongside Coca-Cola Enterprises, which also was honored, Disney and UPS, MGM Resorts is the first company in the gaming industry to earn a PR News CSR Award. "It is truly an honor to receive the PR News CSR Award and be recognized among so many other great leaders in corporate social responsibility," said Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International. "We earnestly believe that the health of our company is directly linked to the welfare of the communities in which we operate, and so we make it a business imperative to be a leader in all forms of corporate social responsibility." Winners of the PR News CSR Awards were chosen by an expert panel that evaluated entries submitted by organizations participating in the awards competition. The judging criteria included: creativity, innovation, sound planning, implementation and outcomes. Furthermore, organizations were judged according to the alignment of their strategic objectives with their end goals and proven success. Since the company's founding, MGM Resorts has shown a powerful commitment to the fundamental principle of social responsibility. The three major initiatives comprising MGM Resorts' social responsibility efforts are: Diversity & Inclusion, Philanthropy & Community Engagement, and Environmental Sustainability. Program highlights include:
Diversity & Inclusion:
- MGM Resorts was the first company in the gaming and hospitality industry to voluntarily adopt a formal diversity and inclusion policy.
- MGM Resorts has increased and maintained the overall representation of women (more than 40%) and minorities (more than 30%) in the diversity profile of its management team for more than half of the past decade.
- Since 2001, through its Supplier and Construction Diversity programs, MGM Resorts has spent a cumulative total of nearly $3 billion with MWDBE suppliers and contractors (i.e., minority-owned, women-owned and disadvantaged business enterprises).
Philanthropy & Community Engagement:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts