MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Findlay College Prep ( Henderson, Nev.) remains the No. 1 team in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for boys basketball for the week of Feb. 11, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Findlay College Prep improved its record to 27-0 and retains the top spot in this week's Super 25, defeating both Planet Athlete Academy (Phoenix) and Kingdom Prep ( Johnston, Iowa). Montverde Academy (Fla.) had an idle week and remains No. 2, while Lone Peak ( Highland, Utah) once again completes the top 3.Simeon (Chicago) holds strong as No. 4 in this week's Super 25, adding three playoff wins against Bogan (Chicago), Urban Prep-West (Chicago) and Harlan (Chicago) to its 22-2 record, while St. Benedict's Prep ( Newark, N.J.) remains No. 5 in the current rankings. No. 6 La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.) had an idle week, while No. 7 St. Anthony ( Jersey City, N.J.), No. 8 Huntington (W. Va.) and No. 9 Prime Prep Academy (Dallas) recorded wins and retain their positions in this week's Super 25. Bishop Montgomery ( Torrance, Calif.) moves up one spot to No. 10 in this week's rankings, following a 74-34 win over St. Bernard (Los Angeles) in its regular-season finale. Oak Hill Academy ( Mouth of Wilson, Va.), last week's No. 14 team, fell to No. 25 after its 70-63 loss to Omaha Central ( Omaha, Neb.), while Chester (Pa.), ranked earlier this season, rejoins this week's rankings as No. 24. Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports boys basketball Super 25 rankings, as determined by the editorial staff of USA TODAY High School Sports: USA TODAY High School Sports High School Boys Basketball Super 25For Week of February 11, 2013
- Findlay College Prep, Henderson, Nev. (27-0)*
- Montverde (Fla.) Academy (22-2)*
- Lone Peak, Highland, Utah (20-1)
- Simeon, Chicago (22-2)
- St. Benedict's Prep, Newark (23-1)*
- La Lumiere, La Porte, Ind. (22-2)*
- St. Anthony, Jersey City (20-1)
- Huntington (W.Va.) Prep (25-2)*
- Prime Prep Academy, Dallas (24-0)*
- Bishop Montgomery, Torrance, Calif. (26-0)
- Lake Oswego, Ore. (21-0)
- Whitney Young, Chicago (21-3)
- Midwest City, Okla. (21-0)
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (26-1)
- Long Beach Poly (24-2)
- West, Iowa City (19-0)
- DeSoto, Texas (29-2)
- Ely, Pompano Beach, Fla. (22-1)
- Olympic, Charlotte (20-0)
- Pershing, Detroit (17-0)
- Irmo, Columbia, S.C. (24-0)
- Northland, Columbus, Ohio (20-0)
- Germantown, Wis. (21-0)
- Chester, Pa. (19-3)
- Oak Hill Academy, Mouth of Wilson, Va. (24-5)*
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV