Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation has awarded more than $2.4 million in Lowe’s Toolbox for Education ® grants to 559 schools in 46 states throughout the nation. The grants were awarded as part of Lowe’s fall 2012 grant cycle for school-improvement projects benefiting K-12 public education during the 2012-2013 school year.
The funded projects include technology and safety improvements, library renovations, walking trails and outdoor learning environments. Lowe’s has awarded nearly $5 million in grants to more than 1,100 schools in 2012.
“Lowe’s is committed to enhancing the educational experience and improving schools for students across the country through the Lowe’s Toolbox for Education program,” said Marshall Croom, chairman of Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation. “With community support and the hands-on help of local Lowe’s Heroes employee volunteers, these funds will go a long way to improve the future for thousands of children.”
Since its inception in 2006, Lowe’s Toolbox for Education has provided more than $34 million in grants to 7,500 schools, benefiting more than 4 million schoolchildren. Grants are available to K-12 public schools in the United States for a wide range of improvement projects. Large schools and school districts are eligible to receive Toolbox grants up to $100,000.To view the complete list of grant winners and for information about applying for a grant, visit ToolboxForEducation.com. The Spring 2013 grant cycle is open until Feb. 15. Since 1957, Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation has helped communities nationwide through financial contributions and support for employee volunteerism.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV