Turquoise Hill Resources
Things are a little bit more definitive in shares of Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ), a $7.7 billion mineral exploration firm. It doesn't take an expert technical analyst to see what's going on in this stock -- shares have been in a well-defined downtrend for the better part of the last year.
It's significant that TRQ's channel is well-defined; it means that we've got a high-probability range for shares to keep moving within. So now, with shares sitting smack dab in the middle of the channel, there's considerable room for TRQ to move lower before they can catch a bid again. Maybe worse, there's also a ton of room that this stock can move higher without actually breaking its downtrend. That fact could lure in more unsuspecting buyers only to have shares keep bouncing between trendline resistance and support.
The downtrend advises staying away from shares right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV