ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (NYSE: ABT) - A national survey of fitness enthusiasts who exercise three or more times a week show a strong dedication to reaching fitness goals; however the vast majority -- 82 percent-- admitted to falling short when it comes to post-workout nutrition habits. To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60288-abbott-eas-sports-nutrition-survey-results-post-workout-nutrition-habits
ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (NYSE: ABT) - A national survey of fitness enthusiasts who exercise three or more times a week show a strong dedication to reaching fitness goals; however the vast majority -- 82 percent-- admitted to falling short when it comes to post-workout nutrition habits.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60288-abbott-eas-sports-nutrition-survey-results-post-workout-nutrition-habits
Exercise and nutrition work in tandem. Evidence shows that obtaining proper nutrition at the right time is critical in maximizing the benefits of training regimens, including performance and improving lean muscle tone and reducing body fat.
Yet, many fitness enthusiasts view post-workout nutrition as negatively impacting desired results.
- 36% don't want to consume calories after a workout
- 53% believe that eating protein after a workout will build undesired muscle
- 50% believe consuming carbohydrates post workout could yield less optimal results
Other findings from the survey:
- Nearly 1 out of 2 indicated that muscle fatigue and overall body soreness prevents them from exercising more frequently
- Almost all respondents (98 percent) said they were looking to improve how they felt post-workout in some way, including wanting more energy (42 percent), and less muscle soreness and fatigue (52 percent)
- While 72 percent of fitness enthusiasts know that post-workout nutrition helps restore energy, only one in three recognized that it also helps to decrease muscle breakdown (32 percent)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV