Continuing a long tradition of philanthropy, Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AMP), together with its employees and advisors, pledged a record-breaking $6.4 million in 2012 to more than 4,600 nonprofits around the world. Ameriprise also awarded $3 million to nonprofits through grants under the company’s three strategic funding platforms: Meeting Basic Needs, Supporting Community Vitality and Volunteer Driven Causes.
Annual giving campaign’s 77 percent participation rate far exceeds average Participation in the Ameriprise annual giving campaign reached an all-time high with 77 percent of U.S.-based employees and advisors pledging donations, compared to a median of 47 percent at companies with workplace giving campaigns. 1 The company conducts an “open” campaign, giving employees and advisors the flexibility to designate their contributions to any eligible nonprofit organization or one of the company’s featured partners: Community Health Charities, EarthShare, Feeding America, Global Impact and the United Way. Contributions will be distributed to nonprofits throughout 2013.
“Nothing makes me prouder than watching our employees and advisors rally together in support of nonprofit organizations whose missions they believe in,” said Brian Pietsch, head of community relations at Ameriprise. “Their generosity and enthusiasm for volunteerism is incredible. With our giving campaign, we’ve found a way to tap this great energy for the benefit of thousands of nonprofits, many of which help the most vulnerable and in-need members of our communities.”
Grants program also driven by employee and advisor nonprofit involvement Ameriprise Financial seeks to help fund nonprofits that have real connections to its people and their communities. In 2012, the company awarded grants to nearly 200 organizations from across the country. Highlights from the year include:
- Supporting the Pine Street Inn, an innovative leader in the fight to end homelessness, which serves 1,600 individuals each day in the greater Boston area. Funding from Ameriprise will assist programs including an emergency shelter, workforce development, permanent supportive housing and a recently opened transitional housing program dedicated to veterans.
- Providing funding for the Green Bay Symphony Orchestra, which opens its doors to nearly 1,400 Green Bay Area sixth grade students every year through its Music for a Great City program.
- Pledging financial support for Three Square, a Feeding America member food bank in Las Vegas serving nearly 100,000 individuals in need of nutrition assistance each month. Donations from Ameriprise will benefit Three Square’s 600 Program Partners in Southern Nevada, including food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and programs for senior citizens and children.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV