Comcast Corporation and Fox Networks (FN) announced today that they have reached an agreement for a new distribution pact to deliver Fox Broadcasting’s (FOX) and Fox Television Stations’ (FTS) wide array of entertainment, sports and local news content to Comcast Xfinity TV customers across televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and internet-enabled televisions. The renewal supports the companies’ mutual goal to deliver the most popular video content to customers across multiple platforms.
The agreement provides video service to nearly 22 million Xfinity TV customers of both live and on demand programming from 20 FTS broadcast stations (13 Fox and 7 MyNet) as well as FX, FX Movie Channel, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, MundoFox, Fox Deportes, and Fox Business Network.
Financial terms were not disclosed. However, the agreement also includes a framework for both companies to continue to collaborate on new multiplatform offerings so that the companies can take advantage of new technologies and programming through the life of the deal, including Comcast’s advanced advertising and ad systems integration services.
Key components of the agreement for Xfinity TV customers, available On Demand and online, include:
- Episodes from key primetime series on FOX, FX, FX Movie Channel, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, SPEED and FUEL TV.
- One of the largest On Demand offerings of episodes of current seasons available from FOX, FX, National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo Wild, including such popular shows as Glee, Bones, The Simpsons, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Americans, Wicked Tuna, Diggers and Alpha Dog, among several others.
- Dozens of hit movies from FX and the FX Movie Channel, including some of the biggest blockbusters airing on these networks.
- Access to content on Fox’s websites and applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts