Valentine’s Day is just two days away and it’s down to the wire when it comes to planning that romantic night for you and your significant other. StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, today released findings of a new study that reveals what men and women consider a memorable Valentine’s Day experience, and it’s time for people to start thinking outside the box – traditional gift box, that is.
Sixty-one percent of women said that there are Valentine’s Day gifts that would land their significant other in the “dog house,” so what’s the must-get gift that will ensure a happy Valentine’s Day? Tickets to the theater, sports and live entertainment events come second only to dinner as a preferred Valentine’s Day gift or activity for both women and men.
- Nearly one-third of women (32 percent) consider a live event the most memorable Valentine’s Day activity.
- For ages 18-34, a live event really is the golden ticket as 70 percent of all respondents would like to receive tickets to a live event for Valentine’s Day.
“At StubHub, we pride ourselves on connecting fans with live sports, music and entertainment events they care about most,” said Alison Salcedo, US Head of Communications for StubHub. “Attending a live event can be a truly memorable experience, and many fans go this route when it comes to gift-giving. It’s a growing trend and now we’re seeing that Valentine’s Day fits right in.”
The study also revealed who is most thoughtful of their significant other when planning something special for February 14 th.
- 60 percent of married men and 55 percent of single women say they would not use Valentine’s Day to plan something they’ve been wanting to do, but instead would choose something that would be meaningful to their significant other.
- Meanwhile, more than half of single men (52 percent) admit to using Valentine’s Day as a way to plan something that suits their own interests.
- 47 percent of men surveyed want tickets to a sports event for Valentine’s Day.
- 62 percent of women report they would be happy to receive a gift card from their significant other, while 53 percent of men share that sentiment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV