For the 11 percent of people who truly wait until the last minute and hope to find a gift on Valentine’s Day itself, the network of 1,800 local FedEx Office locations offers many options for creating thoughtful photo gifts, most of which can be done in 24 hours or less – including canvas prints and custom Valentine’s Day photo cards, as seen on the Out of Office blog. Those on a budget and in search of a personalized gift idea can save 50 percent on canvas prints by visiting fedex.com/office to download a coupon for use in-store only at participating FedEx Office locations.
According to the survey, more than half of procrastinators (52%) are willing to spend more money when buying at the last minute – a significant jump over the 27 percent of non-procrastinators who are willing to do the same. However, when it comes down to it, procrastinators spend on average $18 less on Valentine’s Day gifts than non-procrastinators ($79 vs. $97, respectively).
The survey also found some interesting differences between men and women on Valentine’s Day gifting:
- When it comes to procrastination, men tend to wait longer than women to purchase a Valentine’s Day gift. About one in three men (35%) wait until February 13 or later to buy something for their valentines, compared to one in four women (24%).
- Women are eager to receive a little more than what most men plan to give this Valentine’s Day. More women tend to want jewelry (22%), gift cards (13%) and home-made gifts (12%), than men plan to give (13%, 8% and 6%, respectively).
- However, men don’t skimp on spending for Valentine’s Day. On average they spend nearly twice as much as women ($114 vs. $63).
Valentine’s Day is one of the busiest periods of the year for FedEx. In the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day, FedEx expects to ship millions of pounds of flowers, chocolates, jewelry and other gifts, making hundreds of thousands of deliveries on top of its average daily volume of 9 million shipments. To handle the influx of shipments during this period, FedEx and its networks of dedicated team members will add extra flights and trucks to normal operations. Additionally, select hubs and sortation facilities in the FedEx networks will be hosting additional, longer or dedicated flower sorts throughout the week to accommodate the incremental volume of Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts