Citrix today announced the extension of its growing line of mobility solutions with the enhancement and availability of several apps that help power mobile workstyles. Citrix’s portfolio of easy-to-use collaboration, data sharing, remote access and IT support tools are available across more platforms than ever before including Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows RT and Windows 8, and BlackBerry OS.
“Teams are working across a broader range of devices than ever before and need a consistent, great experience in terms of the content they can access and the ways they can collaborate,” said Bernardo de Albergaria, VP & GM, Line of Business, Citrix. “We now deliver a wide range of mobile tools enabling users to get work done, regardless of location. Individuals can seamlessly move from their laptop in the office, to their Android device on the commute, to their iPad in the home, maintaining access to the information and individuals they need to be most productive.”
Powering New Mobile WorkstylesAccording to Forrester, 29% of the global workforce are now anytime, anywhere information workers who use three or more devices, work from multiple locations and use many apps. 1 As employees increasingly choose flexible workstyles that give them the power to decide where and when they work, businesses inevitably become more distributed as people become more dispersed.
Citrix’s family of mobile applications gives individuals and organizations the power to meet with team members wherever they are, collaborate on projects, share data and access devices remotely from virtually any mobile platform. Adoption of mobile workstyles can increase productivity by 30% or more, with associated cost reductions, as people can work in ways that are both convenient to them while also moving business forward faster, completing projects more quickly while providing individuals with greater choice as to where and how they work.Citrix’s suite of collaboration tools for mobile devices includes the following recent additions:
- For collaboration, GoToMeeting for Windows RT and Android: Users can choose to launch or simply join an online meeting from their Windows RT or Android device viewing presentations, reports or other content and collaborating over high definition video and audio.
- For team collaboration, Podio for BlackBerry Z10: The leading project management tool adds another mobile device platform to a growing list of devices that allows users a way to collaborate and get work done on the move.
- For data sharing and storage, ShareFile for Windows 8 and Android: The built-for-business file-sharing service is now available on Windows 8 tablets and PCs. Citrix also released passcode support with local encryption and jailbreak detection on Android, offering users a quick and secure way to access and share their data.
- For remote support and services, GoToAssist for Samsung Android devices : Support representatives can deliver full remote control support for Samsung Android mobile devices, as well as deliver support to iOS and Android devices via optimized chat with the ability for users to upload device screenshots to technicians.
- For remote access across your devices and systems, GoToMyPC for Samsung Android devices: The new GoToMyPC remote access app, designed for Samsung’s new generation of Android mobile devices, gives users access to their Mac or PC from a mobile device –dramatically improving user productivity.
- Citrix Customer Voices - http://www.citrix.com/tv/#videos/7561
- Meeting is Believing: Angie’s List Founder, Angie Hicks - Customer Video
- www.citrix.com and www.citrixonline.com
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixOnline, @GoToAssist, @GoToMyPC, @GoToMeeting, @GoToWebinar, @Podio, @ShareFile
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToAssist on Facebook, GoToMyPC on Facebook, GoToMeeting on Facebook, GoToWebinar on Facebook, ShareFile on Facebook
- Workshifting blog: http://workshifting.com