Eggland's Best Can Help You Eat Your Way To A Healthy Immune System
CEDAR KNOLLS, N.J., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With all 50 states reporting occurrences of the flu this season, it seems the number of those affected is at an all-time high. And for those who have been lucky enough to "weather the storm," it is important to know we are not out of the woods yet, as flu activity often peaks in February. There are simple steps you can take to keep your immune system running at full steam including incorporating nutrient-packed foods into your diet.
Eggs are one of nature's super foods and Eggland's Best goes above and beyond by creating superior taste, nutrition and quality eggs. In fact, two Eggland's Best eggs supply 160 International Units of vitamin D, which is nearly half the suggested daily intake, and double the level in ordinary eggs. These eggs also contain double the amount of omega-3 fats, which are necessary for heart health and reducing inflammation in the body.
"A great way to ward off the flu and even the common cold is to keep your immune system healthy. This can be done by looking no further than your refrigerator," said registered dietitian and noted author Elizabeth Ward. "One of the best things you can eat are foods packed with high quality protein like Eggland's Best eggs. It's what I feed my family."Be sure to stock your refrigerator with some of these other top flu-fighting foods:
- Greek Yogurt: Yogurt's high protein content provides the body with the raw materials - amino acids - it needs to assemble the immune cells that fight off infection.
- Edamame: Edamame is a good source of magnesium, iron, fiber, vitamin K and folate, which is important in the creation and growth of new cells, including immune cells.
- Kiwi: Kiwi packs vitamin C, which isn't a cure for the common cold or the flu, but plays an important role in fighting off germs and shortening cold symptoms.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes get their bright orange hue from carotenoids, which act as powerful immune boosters in addition to lending color.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV