Feb. 12, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Since the beginning of time chocolate has been a sensual (and essential) food and has always made much more aphrodisiac sense than cold slimy oysters! That is why for
, dessert emporium Serendipity 3 created a chocolate dessert so sinfully rich and pleasurable, that it is simply know as "Chocolate Foreplay."
Chocolate – dubbed "The Food of the Gods" -- triggers the release of neurotransmitters that can create a euphoric response in our brain.
The Aztecs are known to have been the first on record to draw a link between the cocoa bean and sexual desire. Nowadays, scientists ascribe the aphrodisiac qualities of chocolate to two chemicals it contains. One, tryptophan, is a building block of serotonin, a brain chemical involved in sexual arousal. The other, phenylethylamine, is released in the brain when people fall in love.
Not only is chocolate an aphrodisiac but it is a great way to share intimacy through the senses of sight, touch, smell, sound and taste.
Chocolate as foreplay!
Serendipity's Chocolate Foreplay dessert was created to help celebrate
with a pleasurable, preliminary experience that will help stimulate both the mind and body.
Chocolate Foreplay is meant to be shared and served on a large plate filled with rose petals and pomegranate seeds. The dessert includes the following:
1) HOT! Fudge – 2 squares of "grown-up" fudge made by Painter Girl Art –Inspired Chocolates with intense dark chocolate and lots of sensuous ginger. Ginger has been used for years in arousing desire and enhancing sexual activity.
2) Amerena Mon Amour – 2 Chocolate Covered Cherries - Famed chocolatier Chocolat Moderne's signature tart, juicy Italian Amerena cherries, finished with vodka-infused syrup and encased in dark chocolate with a ruby rub. Cherries have earned their reputation as an aphrodisiac because they stimulate the production of pheromones – a chemical that results in sexual attraction.
3) Dark Chocolate "Caviar" – Dark chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds - served in a caviar bowl with a mother-of-pearl spoon. Sunflower seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids and zinc, which play an important role in regulating sex hormones.
4) Chocolate Covered Strawberries – 2 giant fresh and vibrant strawberries hand-dipped in Belgian chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, known to keep your libido at a high level.
5) Chocolate "Blackout" Cake – A serendipitously large slice of Serendipity's incredibly rich, deep, dark and dense cake is a chocolate lover's dream come true! Chocolate is rich in Phenylalanine, a chemical that make you feel relaxed and increases sexual pleasure. Serotonin in chocolate also contributes to better bonding with your loved one and boosts your libido.
6) The Lover – These gorgeous white Valrhona chocolate hearts are filled with luscious passion fruit caramel. "The Lover" will stir the emotions before the intense flavors and creamy textures within create a blissfully dizzying ride! Passion Fruit has traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac and to improve overall sexual function.
@ CPR -
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit