Tube Dudes Make Their Way Back To Marine Industry
MIAMI, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Three years ago, former yacht builder Scott Gerber sought to find a new outlet for his energies and some spare boat building materials and decided to create a metal sculpture. He dubbed it the " TUBE DUDE " and placed it on his dock. The simple, smiling and beguiling stick figure sculptures have become a structural art sensation with over 900 sculpted and shipped as far as Paris, France: Tube Dude's next stop is the Concept Boats booth 3140 outside the Miami Beach Convention Center, at the Progressive Miami International Boat Show.
Seeing the Tube Dude's new gallery on Sarasota, Florida's quaint Main Street, neighbor Chip Fendt, a marine industry veteran and salesman for Concept Boats, foresaw eye-catching sign holders for the Boat Show booth. "These sculptures just make everyone smile-I thought it would be a great way to convey the fun of boating and Concept agreed!" said Fendt.
So Gerber went back to work designing for boats--but this time, sporty center consoles instead of his own brand of luxury yachts. The Tube Dudes on display will include boat passengers, show attendees, sign holders and will offer the perfect "photo opp" for passersby to commemorate their visit to the one of the world's most popular boat shows.Gerber is happy to see his sculptures back in the marine industry since his exit was prompted by the recessionary cut back in 2008. Undaunted, he found inspiration in creating a new career and also in utilizing the welding, powder coating and manufacturing capabilities of his company. "This is a real 'American Dream' story," says Gerber, "Who would have thought that all my ambitions and success--and failure--in the yacht industry would lead to stick figure art that is making people everywhere smile and be happy?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV