Futures Down Ahead Of State Of The Union Address
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Futures are down in light trading ahead of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address, where the economy will take center stage.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 4 points to 13,920. The broader S&P futures have lost 1.1 points to hit 1,512. Nasdaq futures are down 4.25 points to 2,766.25.
The unemployment rate ticked up a tenth of a point to 7.9 percent last month and though job growth continues, Obama is expected to introduce new job proposals in an attempt to accelerate the economic recovery.
On Tuesday, Coca-Cola said that profit rose 13 percent and global sales volume rose 3 percent, outpacing its flagship U.S. market, which rose 1 percent.Many investors are awaiting the release of January retail sales numbers, which are due on Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV