Survey Reveals Most Unusual Questions From Job Seekers
MENLO PARK, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's often said there are no bad questions, but a new OfficeTeam survey suggests otherwise. Human resources (HR) managers were asked to recount the most unusual or surprising question they have heard a job seeker ask during an interview. Here are some of their responses:
- "Do I have to be at work every day?"
- "Would you consider going on a date with me?"
- "Do you want to take a ride in my new car?"
- "What color is the paint in this office?"
- "Can my husband finish this test for me?"
- "Is the boss single?"
- "Do you have a job for my partner?"
- "What are the women who work here like?"
- "How do you think I did on the interview?"
The survey was developed by OfficeTeam, a leading staffing service specializing in the placement of highly skilled administrative professionals. It was conducted by an independent research firm and is based on telephone interviews with more than 650 HR managers at companies with 20 or more employees in the United States and Canada.
Some professionals were most concerned about their next big "break":
- "Do you allow midday naps?"
- "Can I get every Tuesday off?"
- "How soon can I take my first vacation?"
- "Can I have three weeks off every three months to pursue my music career?"
- "How much time do I have to put in?"
- "Can I have my birthday off?"
Then there were individuals who didn't think the following requests were out of the question:
- "Can I place my desk near the cafeteria?"
- "Could I get a pay advance?"
- "Can you help me search for an apartment?"
- "Is it OK to wear shorts to work?"
- "Can you help me with the employment test?"
- "Can I set my own hours?"
- "What job is this for?"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts