Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic
® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading residential property information, analytics and services provider, today released its February MarketPulse report. In this report CoreLogic Chief Economist
Mark Fleming discusses the current state of the economy and housing markets as well as challenges facing the mortgage market in 2013. The potential influence of the Qualified Mortgage (QM) and Qualified Residential Mortgage (QRM) rules is analyzed.
Additional key findings in the
February MarketPulse report include:
- Consumer spending levels will likely be impacted by the reduction in disposable income due to the expiration of the payroll tax holiday.
- Purchase demand for homes may be negatively impacted by uncertainty created by ongoing debt ceiling debates.
- Strong mortgage origination volumes in 2012 were dominated by refinance transactions; in 2013 and 2014 refinance transactions as a share of the total mortgage origination market is expected to decrease.
- Only about half of the total mortgage originations today would qualify for QM coverage if there was no GSE exemption.
- The states most impacted by QM are Nevada and Hawaii.
For a full copy of the February CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading property information, analytics and services provider in
the United States
. The company's combined data from public, contributory, and proprietary sources includes over 3.3 billion records spanning more than 40 years, providing detailed coverage of property, mortgages and other encumbrances, consumer credit, tenancy, location, hazard risk and related performance information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, transportation and government. CoreLogic delivers value to clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed services. Clients rely on CoreLogic to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in
, CoreLogic operates in seven countries. For more information, please visit
CORELOGIC and the CoreLogic logo are trademarks of CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.