IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic ® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading residential property information, analytics and services provider, today released its February MarketPulse report. In this report CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming discusses the current state of the economy and housing markets as well as challenges facing the mortgage market in 2013. The potential influence of the Qualified Mortgage (QM) and Qualified Residential Mortgage (QRM) rules is analyzed.
Additional key findings in the February MarketPulse report include:
- Consumer spending levels will likely be impacted by the reduction in disposable income due to the expiration of the payroll tax holiday.
- Purchase demand for homes may be negatively impacted by uncertainty created by ongoing debt ceiling debates.
- Strong mortgage origination volumes in 2012 were dominated by refinance transactions; in 2013 and 2014 refinance transactions as a share of the total mortgage origination market is expected to decrease.
- Only about half of the total mortgage originations today would qualify for QM coverage if there was no GSE exemption.
- The states most impacted by QM are Nevada and Hawaii.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV