- Consumer spending levels will likely be impacted by the reduction in disposable income due to the expiration of the payroll tax holiday.
- Purchase demand for homes may be negatively impacted by uncertainty created by ongoing debt ceiling debates.
- Strong mortgage origination volumes in 2012 were dominated by refinance transactions; in 2013 and 2014 refinance transactions as a share of the total mortgage origination market is expected to decrease.
- Only about half of the total mortgage originations today would qualify for QM coverage if there was no GSE exemption.
- The states most impacted by QM are Nevada and Hawaii.
CoreLogic Releases February MarketPulse Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.