CARLSBAD, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altium, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation and provider of solutions for 3D PCB design ( Altium Designer) and embedded software development ( TASKING), announces the release of Altium Designer 2013.
Altium Designer 2013 not only delivers new and enhanced features, it also opens up Altium's design platform to key partners. This creates a range of new opportunities for users, partners and system integrators and represents a quantum leap for the industry.
As part of Altium's continuous content delivery model, Altium Subscription customers have already benefited from the many enhancements that have been delivered since Release 12. Altium Designer 2013 further improves the design environment for users by delivering several new PCB features and updates to the core PCB and Schematic tools.
Key features of Altium Designer 2013 include:
- PCB object and Layer transparency settings - New PCB object and Layer transparency settings have been added to the View Configurations dialog;
- Silk to Solder Mask design rule - A new rule with new checking modes (to exposed copper and to solder mask openings) has been added;
- Outline vertices editor for PCB Polygon Pours - New outline vertices editor for Polygon Pour, Polygon Cutout and Solid Region objects;
- Polygon Blankets - Ability to define polygonal-shaped blanket directives has been added;
- Schematic Pin name/designator position, font and color customization - the pin name and designator position, font and color can now be customized individually
- Port height and font control - Port height, border width and text font can now be individually controlled;
- Schematic Hyperlinks - Text objects in schematic documents now support hyperlinks
- Smart PDF documents contain component parameters - Clicking on a component in a PDF file produced by SmartPDF will display the parameters of that component
- Microchip Touch Controls support - Support for Microchip mTouch capacitive controls has been added; and
- Improved DXP platform - DXP platform has been upgraded to provide a robust and open development environment.